Follow Me

10 Thrift Shopping Tips

I never thought I would shop at Goodwill so much until I figured out a few tricks of the trade.  As a furniture painter, upcyler, and DIY lover, I actually find most of my projects at Goodwill.  But, there are a few things I have learned.  Check out my 6 Goodwill shopping tips that I go by to create a frugal farmhouse style for my home!



  1. When? Tuesday seems to be the best day to stop by Goodwill.  It gives them time to get out everything that was donated over the weekend.
  2. What? I look for certain items every time.  But, I head straight to the furniture as soon as I walk in, hoping to find a good piece to revamp!
  3. Why? About half of my home decor is thrifted items.  I always find different ways to use them, and mix the old with the new!
  4. Wood: solid wood furniture, frames, crates, shelving etc
  5. Glass, Ceramics, and Fabric: lamps, vintage ceramic serving pieces, vases, baskets, fabric, or table cloths that can be used for recovering.
  6. Holiday Items: I shop the holiday aisle all year.  I look for wreaths, planters, anything that I can upcyle for any time of year.
There are so many thing at Goodwill just waiting to be repurposed or upcycled.  It might be cheap, but with a little love, you can turn someone else's trash into your treasure!

No comments: